- Got the well pump for the main house upgraded so our garden could get enough water without adversely affecting our house water pressure.
- Added water filters to the new well to remove its high iron content.
- Lit our garden on fire from a campfire that wasn’t put out right the next morning.
- Did massive excavation to fix up roads, support decaying pond dams, remove stumps, install geothermol for the main house, and internet connectivity between the houses.
- Finally got the new geothermol system for the main house up – yes we now have AC and can heat the house all year without propain or wood!
- Finished remodeling the basement of the main house.
- Lots of cleanup and prep for renting the main house out.
So that’s the logistics of much of what we did besides just have fun and relaxed at the ranch.
This summer, we also spent time in CA as noted elsewhere on this blog to deal with my wife’s aunt’s estate. We are headed back down there next week to finish that up as well.
Also my son started college a few weeks ago at NSA. He’s now in intellectual boot camp and seems to be doing well.
Because of all of the excavation at the ranch this year I plan to have a little get-together with students from NSA to enjoy a nice burn of my burn piles. Some of these piles are as big as a small house! Should be fun. I left my camera at the ranch so I will add the pictures I took of the piles when I can.